[MPlayer-users] AV-desync with MPEG-PS

Madis Priilinn mpriilinn at hot.ee
Tue Jun 11 13:27:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

 I've got here one MPEG-PS file which has A-V desync problem when played
with mplayer (with and without seeking). At the beginning the sync is
ok but then the sound starts to go ahead and desync increases step-by-step
(so -delay won't help) til the end of the file. I tried all those tips I
could found in DOCS but nothing. I tried with pre4, pre5, 0.6, and couple
of CVS snapshots. Then again 'plaympeg' plays fine - with and without seeking.
Anyway, is this kind of MPEG-PS desync also known already? So far I've found that
people have had sync problems only with avi-files. Sorry if I
missed something in DOCS or mail-archive. Nevertheless I uploaded the file:

ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/AVdeSync_MPEG-PS_mpriilinn.mpg
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/AVdeSync_MPEG-PS_mpriilinn.mpg.txt

Hope it helps.

Madis

PS! I first started to upload with wrong filenames, so files
'AVdeSync_MPEG-PS_mpriilinn.avi' and 'AVdeSync_MPEG-PS_mpriilinn.avi.txt'
may be deleted. Sorry for that.