[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer GUI???

Jeffrey Hammel jhammel at EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jun 11 18:16:02 CEST 2002

>> how do i turn off everyone else's email subject except my own from
>> mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu? is my only option the mail filter?
>
>This best thing is actually to read their mail even if only 5% of it is
>useful, its the best way to get up to speed on everything.
>You will be surprised how often you get to learn the answer to something
>BEFORE you need it
>
>And so if you knew enough that it didn't matter missing out on all the
>other
>emails you also wouldn't need to ask me that last type question cos you'd
>know that too; so all I can do is tell you to immerse yourself and learn
>more.
>
>sorry to be a pain, but I can't help you shut yourself off.
>
>Sam
Besides, if you don't read all the mails, you can't see A'rpi's humorous
response to improper bug-reports.  That's half the fun of this list!
Sure, I'd rather see real questions with real answers, but with questions
like those shown in A'rpi's hate list (see the list archives), at least
you get wit from the developers.  How many mailing lists offer that?

And yes, I'm a newbie + none too bright.  But at least I read docs and
occasionally even solve my own problems.

Sorry for another useless e-mail.  If you want to flame me (and aren't a
developer) please do so via private e-mail unless you really think the
list needs ANOTHER off-topic e-mail (obviously I did, or I wouldn't be
writing this).

BTW, like the Chris Phillips addendum to the docs.

Jeff