[MPlayer-users] panscan feature request

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Thu Jun 13 02:17:01 CEST 2002

> can i request that that REALLY neat -panscan option be slightly modified
> to have keyboard control to change it dymanically to make automatic zoom in
> functionality. e.g. [ and ] equivalent to a 0.1 panscan change. Surely
> that's simple enough?
>
> chris

Why not code it yourself?  At first glance, it looks simple enough.  Just do the same type of thing as the -delay does for sound, etc.  You can even send in a patch for everyone else to add it.  If they like it, it may even be added to CVS and/or future versions.

Arpi: Am I right in this, or is it harder than first thought?  Should just be able to bind a key to +0.1/-0.1 (or other) and add what it will do to the image right?  (Yes, I know -panscan is implemented, but no dynamic changing can be done to the range.)

/S. Smith