[MPlayer-users] Minor issues

Hans E. Kristiansen hans at tropic.net
Thu Jun 13 16:22:01 CEST 2002

I am running mplayer version 0.90pre5, which fixes many bugs that I have had
in the past, for which I am eternally grateful :)

But,. there are some more subtle problems now:

1. Time limited playback; As part of my linux based alarm clock project, I
would like to play a few minutes from some online radio stations, but I can
not find the option which allows me to limit the playback time. e.g. I would
like to play only a few minutes from each station. I would have solved the
problem with a kill, but the kill does not work too well at the moment (
apparently this is known problem).

2. The URL www.p4.no/sound/Dynamic.asp?type=news resolves into a URL, right
now (10pm, HKT )  it is :
mms://od-streaming.p4.no/p4pub/Nyheter/2002/Juni/tor_1530 [130602].wma .
This URL can not be played in mplayer. BTW. All my old .asf sites finally
works, and with full nas support. HURRA!

Thank you.

Regards,
WhackyMan