[MPlayer-users] Distribution Poll

steffen stef22 at gmx.de
Fri Jun 14 15:15:01 CEST 2002

On Friday, 14. June 2002 14:05, you wrote:
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Distribution Poll (was Re: Want Less
> Attitude?) To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
>
> > there's plenty of MDK Pre5 rpms on rpmfind.net
>
> you say that ?
>
> I looked at the moment and only find 0.50-3 on the 4
> mirrors for mdk...

Hmmm like I've written a time ago PLF did make mdk-rpms , so go to
plf.zarb.org und you'll find them. I didn't know a lot about the qualitity of
that packages, so maybe it is pretty good to contact the plf-packager of
mplayer to improve it with the help of that specs, but since mdk and rh
should be 99% compatible , rh-packages should always run on mdk.

And I like the unix-like behavior of mplayer . so that I can pipe around and
nearly all is possible if you use your brain. I don't think newbie-usability
should be a mplayer feature.

I think a webboard wouldn't be false for the newbie questions, and in such a
board a developer isn't needed because the ML here is still there as a
fallback solution. So newbies can post questions and some advanced users can
answer it. Maybe it is too a solution, an advanced user can write a script ,
that try to catch the right options for mplayer ( like search if xv support
is there, how fast is the machine and do the right options in the .conf  )
Just a few thoughts of me ...

Greets

Steffen