[MPlayer-users] Video Launcher

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Sat Jun 15 12:04:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

maybe this is off topic here ... maybe not. Mplayer is great video
player, but I dream of a video player completly controlled by lirc on
my tv set. So what's missing is a nice video launcher, a file selector
for movies to start mplayer with the movie I want to see.

Does anyone know of a project like this? I'm looking for something
like Media-Box for Windows (www.media-box.org). I searched the net but
can't find a project like this. The only project I found was freevo,
but unfortunately I'm to stupid for this, it doesn't work (at this
point: thanks for the great mplayer manual).

Mplayer supports a lot of different different video out devices, so it
would be great to support all these in the file selector. I use a G400
TV with framebuffer and the mga_vid module. Maybe the best way to
support all the differnet outputs is to integrate a file selector into
mplayer. What do you think? If not, who is willing to help me with
such a file selector? I know nothing about programming on the
framebuffer but I can help with the internals.

Dirk

--
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!