[MPlayer-users] New a/v sync problems :'(

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jun 16 12:29:01 CEST 2002

On 09 Jun 2002 22:43:55 +0200
Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com> wrote:

> I honestly don't get the attitude on this list. Developers are busy,
> sure (I know, I am one). So are other people. What's the harm in asking
> if something is a known problem? If it is, why should multiple people
> put together fully fledged bugreports for the same thing? If it isn't -
> then a proper bug report is in order.
>
> If everyone actually DID file a complete bug report for every little bit
> of troulbe, hours and hours of manhours would go to waste on things for
> which the anser is "use the -XXX switch".

Because it's most time not just an easy "use this and that".
Even when ppl describe their problems well they still lack
some important information (like what was the exact file,
video codec, audiocodec type ? which codec was chosen by mplayer ?
did any error occur during startup ?).

All of them makes a waste of time for the developers to read such
incomplete bugreports and then try to guess what's wrong.
(just in case you think managing a user mailinglist is something
easy be aware that i spend between 30m and 3h every day just
for -users and i still dont read/reply to ever mail)

		Attila Kinali

--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.