[MPlayer-users] DVD final analysis

Rene Bartsch rene at bartschnet.de
Mon Jun 17 01:31:02 CEST 2002

Am Mon, 2002-06-17 um 01.20 schrieb Arpi:
> Hi,
>

> > Might be another reason, too. PowerDVD uses GPU-power to decode/display
> > MPEG. Does MPlayer use the GPU for MPEG-decoding?
>
> you mean that trident chip has mpeg acceleration? (MC/IDCT)
I don't know, but it might be ...
> yes i may be possible.
>
> but no linux support for these functions yet, except i810 and maybe nvidia
> too, but no linux player (including mplayer) can use these atm

As nvidia produces their own Linux-drivers (please don't cry about
nvidia, we had that theme so often, and we will have to accept that no
GPL-driver is available - but maybe, Parhelia will be the answer - if
anyone can afford that card) there might be support. Do you know any
docs about the driver's API? Would be great to have hw-accelerated
DVD-playback in Mplayer ...

Rene