[MPlayer-users] Converting AVI files to MPEG-1

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Wed Jun 19 04:10:02 CEST 2002

Hey, does anyone have a clue as to how to go about using either MEncoder
or Mplayer to convert avi movies to mpeg-1 format suitable for burning
to VCD?

The best I could think to do would be to use the -vo yuv4mpeg option and
then pipe the stream thorugh the mjpegtools utilities like this:

<mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg "source.avi" | yuvscaler -O VCD | mpeg2enc -f 1 -r
16 -o "target.mpg">

This is pure speculation, I have no idea if that would even work or
not.  Does anyone have any experience with this and would you mind
sharing the knowledge with a brother?

TIA!

--
Grant D. Lewis

running Redhat Linux 7.3 "Valhalla" kernel 2.4.18-3 on a i686
"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered odd
at first"