[MPlayer-users] Compiling MPlayer for a package

Creep creep2217 at wp.pl
Wed Jun 19 22:07:01 CEST 2002

Hello.

I usually install apps using the package system, but making them
on my own. Usually this is not a problem, because some of
DESTDIR=/tmp/pkg make install
make prefix=/tmp/pkg install
or prefix modifications in Makefiles work.

But not with MPlayer. not only the first too are ignored,
but when i change Makefile it recompiles.
I thought i do make clean && make again to reinstall.
But wow. MPlayer does this for me.
Maybe i should preserve mtime but this really isn't how this
should work.

There alsa was some weird things when configuring to
/tmp/pkg and Makefiles setting prefisx to /usr/local/tmp/pkg (???)

Apart from this Mpalyer is great. But. These could also work.
It would be very nice.

Anyway, best regards for great work.

creep.

P.S. Please CC me if replies are directed towards me specially because I
don't subscribe the group.