[MPlayer-users] You gonna love this - Joe Barr's article about mdk install

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at vsi.gov.lv
Fri Jun 21 17:46:01 CEST 2002

Quote Joe Barr:

"
 I began with Sorcerer Linux on the laptop. After booting from the
first Installation CD, I let Mandrake have its head and chose the
Recommended installation path instead of the Expert path, which allows
you to make all the configuration decisions yourself. I gave it the
full drive to play with, and it sliced it up as follows: 64 megabytes
of swap space, a 3.4 gigabyte /boot partition, and all the rest -- 14
gigabytes -- given the root directory. Both the /boot and / partitions
were formatted as ext3 journaling filesystems.
"

Hmm... He must have really nice collection of kernels to boot from :>
--
[dan at shinestar ~]$ ls -l /dev/brains
ls: /dev/brains: No such file or directory