[MPlayer-users] HDTV transport streams

Rene Bartsch rene at bartschnet.de
Sat Jun 22 22:53:01 CEST 2002

Am Sam, 2002-06-22 um 13.57 schrieb Happy Camper:

> A friend and I were trying to get MPlayer to play MPEG-2 transport streams
> generated by MyHD MDP-100 :
> http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/myhd.asp
>
> But haven't had any luck.  Is it just missing the header or is there more
> to it?  I have made available a very short (few seconds) clip at :
> http://cheema.com/hdtv_test.tp.bz2 for those interested in analysing it.
>
> Please let me know if there is anyway to play it using Mplayer.  Our
> primary motivation is not have to use the commercial playback software
> provided with the card.  It really really stinks.

MPlayer can't handle TS-streams, yet. Arpi has planned to implement
support for low-budget DVB-S-cards. But as he has no card to do testing
and all developers are bug-hunting for MPlayer-0.90-final, this is not
one of the first topics on ToDo. So there is no TS-demuxer available.

But you could use other tools to reformat to MPEG-PS or MPEG-PES.

I've heard Transcode would do the job, but didn't test it myself.

Mpegtools from the Linux-DVB-driver can do it, but sometimes there are
distortions. So I'd suggest to try transcode with the appropriate
plugins.

Rene