[MPlayer-users] yes I did rtfm

Steve Chaney gunhed57 at pacbell.net
Tue Jun 25 19:51:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 13:39, Daniil V. Kolpakov wrote:
> ??? ??? ????? - 25 ???? 2002 19:25, ? Steve Chaney ?????:
> > > >
> > > So much for your crappy compiler :)
> >
> > Oh now that helped a lot.
> > Why, I'm practically in awe of your tactfulness.
> >

> > -- Steve, note to self: as President of the US, I must remember to
> > send all 14 year olds to military school to learn the antonyms to
> > "rudeness"..
>
> Ever had sence of humor?

(Methinks I have recently read this remark before on here..)

Yes, but I also have this allergic reaction problem thingee regarding
"crappy compiler" comments which come across as more condescending than
humorous. AAAAACHOO!

I thought maybe someone might have encountered and dealt with this
error. Frankly, I am shocked and amazed that even thinking of compiling
mplayer didn't cause my computer to freeze, burn a motherboard, and get
up and walk out, like it did with avifile and Xine, so I gotta give
y'all props on that. But really, "Crappy compiler" tells me nothing.
What's to laugh at? Except, perhaps, the "let us be rude and crude and
pass it off as humor" mentality thingee *AAACHOO!!*

-- Steve