[MPlayer-users] Xcard for hardware MPEG-4 playing

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jun 29 13:57:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Their previous cards(the Hollywood and Hollywood Plus) required a group
> of people to write drivers, the Hollywood Plus drivers have been in
> production for about 2 years and they are just now reaching maturity.
> Sigma Designs isn't very linux friendly.

yes :(

about half year ago someone @ sigma asked for permission of using libavifile
for their linux playar at the avifile lists. then we immediatelly asked them
to release a driver or library instead of an avifile-based player, but got
no answer... so maybe you'll get an avifile-based player for linux, or
nothing. specs, drivers can't be expected ;(

anyway, sorry, i have no time nor interest in driver development and RE work
on their cards - if there are already drivers, then i can help in creating
-vo xcard or such thing, but writting the kernel driver without specs is not
in my interest

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team