[MPlayer-users] RealVideo files syncing problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jun 30 01:37:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > Am I the only one having problems with A-V sync in RealMedia files?
> >
> > probably :)
> > i have a single file with ~4s a-v delay, but i couldn't find the erason yet.
> > upload a file - more samples -> easier to find what's teh common in them
>
> Oh, Arpi - have you checked my sample? Legend-of-the-Rangers_I.rm,
> same problem.

not yet
actually i have no idea about realvideo a-v sync issue - realvideo files has
PTS (presentation timestamp) for both audio and video, and mplayer uses them
to sync vidoe to audio. anyway it seems these PTS values are *wrong* in teh
file, but rp8 still plays them well... strange.
anyway it seems Florian is working on that in the background, mayeb soon
we'll see some commit fixing these issues.
anyway i'll try to fix the early crashes on (buggy?) .rm files

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team