[MPlayer-users] "No Free Xvideo Port"

bob smith sekretskwerl at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 30 08:28:01 CEST 2002

Hello,
I've searched through the mailing list and thumbed
through the documentation but I still can't find the
answer to this. When using mplayer I get the error,
"Couldn't find free Xvideo port - maybe other
applications keep open it". How can I find out what
other apps may be keeping it open? Has anyone had a
similar problem and been able to fix it? I'm using
mplayer-gtk-0.90.0.4 from the FreeBSD ports tree.