[MPlayer-users] NeoMagic driver

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 1 15:44:02 CET 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:26:12 +0100 (CET)
"Stefan Recksiegel" <sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html]> X 4.2.0 and DGA works with my NeoMagic 256AV
> (NM2200). It seems that Xv is> not usable.
> >
> > Is there any experience about playing DVD with Celeron 333
> > (Mendocino, model 6 stepping 10)?
>
> My notebook has a 333 MHz Pentium II and a 256 AV. DVDs and most DiVX
> (ie. unless the resolution is very high) play fine under Window$, but
> without Xv there is no chance to play anything under Linux. :-((
There is DGA and XVideo support for NeoMagic chips, but stock XFree
4.2.0 has no XVideo support in its neomagic driver. You have the choice
to grab the XFree 4.2.0 sources and replace the neomagic dir with the
XVideo enabled one and then compile XFree (I found the modified neomagic
sources on avifile list). If someone needs a precompiled neomagic driver
binary with XVideo support for XFree 4.2.0, I could upload it to the
MPlayer FTP-Site. Just drop me a private mail, if someone is interested.

Btw. even without XVideo you have damn fast vo_vesa, which works fine on
this card.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos