[MPlayer-users] Cannot play an avi file

pl p_l at gmx.fr
Mon Mar 4 15:57:02 CET 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 09:52:19PM +0800, ?? ?? wrote:

> Its Format is DivX3.11alpha S.B.C Resolution 512 x 384, Bitrate avg 520kbs
> Audio is Ogg avg 42kbps, about 733M. I cannot use mplayer to play it. the
> readme of this file said it need to install Ogg filter(Ogg Direct Show
> Filter) to play the file in M$'s MediaPlayer. I don't know what is the Ogg
> filter. Is it just a plugin to play ogg sound. How do I know the mplayer in
> my computer can support ogg audio. BTW, I can listen to *.ogg in xmms with
> ogg plugin.
> Please help, thanks very much

Indeed it looks like not an AVI but an OGG stream with DivX video and
Vorbis audio.

MPlayer won't play it as it does not implement (yet) an Ogg demuxer as
the ogg dsfilter sources have not been released yet. Their author has
said they should be released soon but nothing till now.

--
Best regards,
  pl