[MPlayer-users] NeoMagic driver

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 5 03:05:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002 12:23:54 +0100 (CET) "Stefan Recksiegel"
<sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read
DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]> > why not use 50% faster
-vc ffdivx?>
> Because I just downloaded and compiled the sources and mplayer
> did not complain that something was missing ...
> Thank you for the suggestion, maybe there should be a remark
> somewhere that it is a good idea to get the ffmpeg sources
> when running configure.
They are included with release-versions but need toi be grabbed from
ffmpeg-cvs when using mplayer-cvs.

> But anything with a resolution higher than about 352x288
> still produces 'Insufficient resources' on my neomagic 2200.
> :-(
Maybe lowering resolution and/or colordepth of your xserver helps (lower
res/bpp -> less video memory occupied, more memory left for the
overlay).

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos