[MPlayer-users] wrong aspect ratio with xv driver

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Mar 5 05:10:02 CET 2002

Hi,
	I was earlier using mplayer cvs of February 11 and things were
fine. I upgraded to current CVS and noticed that use of -fs option with
the xv driver is filling up the entire 1024x768 no matter what the
actual aspect ratio is. This problem was not there with the cvs of Feb 11
for sure.

In brief ->

Feb 11 cvs preserves aspect ratio for:
xv - yes
sdl - yes
x11 - yes

Current (march 4) cvs preserves aspect ratio for:
xv - no
sdl - yes
x11 - yes

The problem is I want to use the new (and working well!!) hardware
brightness/contrast control feature but I can't use xv bcos of this
aspect problem.

Any idea where/when exactly this change happenned ?

thanks
- Nil