[MPlayer-users] Proxy

kraml kraml at kraml.net
Wed Mar 6 17:23:02 CET 2002

DOCS says env. HTTP_PROXY and mplayer http_proxy://xxxx/http://xxx.asf
can plays network streams via proxy, but how can I plays mms streams?
I got a movie that can only be accessed via a proxy. In MP8, by set
http and mms proxy to a http proxy I can enjoy it, but with mplayer cvs
20020306 it seems can't handle mms-via-http-proxy well, the proxy
server returns 400: Bad Request or 403: Forbidden when I run this:
mplayer http_proxy://proxy:port/mms://xxxxx.wmv
And by set HTTP_PROXY it just ignores the proxy, direct connect to
the movie server...
Could any one tell me how to use proxy against mms protocal? THX!

Regards!
kraml