[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen Bug

oliver oliver at are-b.org
Thu Mar 7 01:00:03 CET 2002

I don't know if you could really call it a bug, but when I start X
(4.2.0) at say, 1280x960 (No virtual screen size) and start a movie, I
can get fullscreen size just fine. Then, if i wish to watch this at a
lower resolution, to say, use TV out, i switch with xvidtune or
something, down to the desired resolution. X now creates a virtual
screen size of 1280 960 (even though I told it not too) which doesn't
have to be a problem, but when i Fullscreen size mplayer, yeah it'll
fullscreen to the current desktop size, and not window size.

I'd say there's a few ways to do this nicer. First, there could be a
check to size to resolution instead of desktop. have a secondary
function for this making it possible to choose what resolution, have a
predifined FS resolution. wine uses a nice approach to accomplish such a
thing, it creats a borderless window (for fs stuff) at 0,0 and centers
the image there.