[MPlayer-users] Blizzard Hires trailer problem

Tim U. mplayer at tetro.net
Thu Mar 7 10:54:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 06:24:45PM -0800, Happy Camper wrote:
> Has anybody been able to play the newer high resolution trailer for
> WarCraft III from blizzard?  Available for download at :
> http://www.voodoofiles.com/5734
>
> I can only get it to play with the ffmpeg decoder but right side of the
> screen has all kinds of artifacts.
>
> I am using the cvs version of MPlayer and ffmpeg from last night.
>
> Atif.

I had the same problem a while back.  It was my fault.. my i810
video chipset only supported xv images up to 720x576, so using xv
video output with mplayer would always segfault (except for when
using -vc divx4 for some unknown reason, in which case it would
display a completely scrambled-looking picture).  I was able to
get it playing perfectly on that system using -vo dga.  -vo x11
also looked fine, but was too slow on my system to play it
properly.

     My new laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon plays the WarCraft III
trailer perfectly with -vo xv, -vo x11, -vo dga.  It also works fine
with all the codecs I have that are associated with the "DIVX" fourcc
in my mplayer's codecs.conf (-vc ffodivx, -vc odivx, -vc divx4,
-vc divx4vfw).

Anyway, just try a different -vo.  If it still doesn't work, include
the mplayer output in your next reply.

   - Tim U.