AW: [MPlayer-users] ati radeon 8500

Jakub Steiner jimmac at ximian.com
Sun Mar 10 18:54:02 CET 2002

On Ne, 2002-03-10 at 14:44, daniel carter wrote:

> Well, can you suggest a better search method, or are there no reports to
> be found?

This is not to pour gas into a flame, but for me personally the nvidia
driver crashes when using a framebuffer console. switching over from X
to console freezes and sometimes even leaving X.

I have yet to try the newest drivers, but this issue stayed unresolved
for ages. But on the other hand the nv driver that comes with my xfree
4.1 actually does xv. It's been stated here before it doesn't. It's kind
of a waste not to have accelerated glx though.

Jakub
--
-[ jimmac at ximian.com ]-[ http://jimmac.musichall.cz ]-

"even a stopped clock gives a right time twice a day"