[MPlayer-users] directfb with vesa fb

Brian J. Murrell 0785d7131ff2473f17d9dddc9fc52e92 at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Mar 11 08:28:01 CET 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 06:40:14AM +0100, Sonfeld Sandor wrote:

> Hello,

Hi.

> I usually use the CVS version but since a month (or two,
> sorry I can not remember) when I use directfb at the end of
> file (or pressing ESC)the system hangs. Now I downgraded to
> the 0.60 and it works. I use Debian Woody, VESAfb with
> S3Savage (I can not change it in a HP XE3 notebook), the
> diretfb is 0.9.8. (But I tried 0.9.9, and the result is the
> same.)

How did you even get MPlayer CVS to run with DirectFB 0.9.9?  There
seems to be a coding bug with it.

In libvo/vo_directfb.c at apporox. line 583, a call to
IDirectFBInputDevice_CreateEventBuffer() is made through a function
pointer keyboard->CreateEventBuffer.  However the first argument
passed to IDirectFBInputDevice_CreateEventBuffer() is DICAPS_ALL which
is a member of enum DFBInputDeviceCapabilities with a value of
0x00000007.

Now the problem is that the first argument to
IDirectFBInputDevice_CreateEventBuffer() is expected to be a
IDirectFBInputDevice * which gets dereferenced in the macro
INTERFACE_GET_DATA with:

data = (i##_data*) thiz->priv;

which of course causes a segfault because 0x07 is not a pointer to a
IDirectFBInputDevice.

This is all with MPlayer CVS as of this evening.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell