[MPlayer-users] Keyboard locks with DGA (again)

Risto A. Paju teknohog at iki.fi
Tue Mar 12 03:48:01 CET 2002

I'm posting this bugreport again as there have been no replies or fixes.
I've always used the latest CVS version of MPlayer.

Using -vo dga locks up the keyboard completely. This is irrespective of
whether I use the old or the new input system. The bug appears to have
been introduced between daily CVS snapshots 20020221 and 20020222.

When testing this, I have the commands "sleep 60; killall mplayer" in the
background to exit mplayer, which restores normal keyboard operation. Also
if the movie ends, mplayer exits normally.

The problem seems to be independent of the video format. Other output
devices such as XV work fine, but I'd rather use DGA for better quality.

System specs:
Mandrake 8.0 (heavily updated)
Linux 2.4.18-rc4 (the problem also occurred with 2.4.17)
glibc 2.2.4
gcc 3.0.4
XFree86 4.2.0
binutils 2.11.2

running on a Toshiba Satellite 2060CDS laptop with
AMD K6-3+
S3 Virge/MX 2MB

--
Mr Risto A. Paju ::: http://www.iki.fi/teknohog/

"That's the problem with good advice: No one wants to hear it." -- Dogbert