[MPlayer-users] Subtitels

gabor farkas gabor at host.sk
Tue Mar 12 13:57:01 CET 2002

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 01:00:19AM +1300, daniel carter wrote:
> Rumen Palov wrote:
>
> > I find one BUG!
> > When i play movie with one account and then i change the
> > user account and play the movie with new one the screen shut
> > down and  stay black.It's a possible only to restart the OS
> > with CRTL-ALT-DEL! It's a happedn the same when i try to
> > open lots pictures with some picure Viewer.
>
> This bug is caused by nvidia not releasing their drivers as opensource.

could we stop this?

i know it would be better to have nvidia specs, and open-source nvidia
drivers, but the company decided otherwise...

so we can blame them for being ignorant, and because they don't remove
bugs etc... but you can't blame them because they didn't release an
opensource driver..

you think ati's way is better? yes, you have specs. etc for the ati8500,
but they didn't create a driver....
what's better? an existing ( maybe a bit buggy ) binary-only driver or a
super-open-source-hyper-non-existant driver?
:-))

i didn't want to pick a fight here, i simply wanted to state that it's
all about the point of view...

bye,
gabor