[MPlayer-users] Open source dvd encoder under winows ( maybe usefull )

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Mar 12 19:41:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> > /********************************************************************/
> > /*            Copyright (c) 1999 - 2000 Intel Corporation.
> > /*                     All rights reserved.
> > /********************************************************************/
> This is because Intel send him 2 machines for testing , and he wrote
> most of the thing.
> He got 2 P4 processor given by intel (for free) , so he wrote that disclaime
> r.
ehh. the above code is ferely downloadable from intel, as part of their sdk.

> Moreover, He maybe just took some tools and stick them together, but I
> have a bit more framerate while encoding with dvdx + wine , than with
> mencoder.
> The quality was about the same.
which codec? divx 3.11 dll in windows and divx4linux under linux?
or divx4 dll in win? xvid under linux? libavcodec under linux ?
they has very different (2-3 times faster/slower) speed and similar
quality...
if you do speed comparison, you should also compare - and show - other
parameters as well...

> So maybe he didn't do so much work but it works better than "lot of
> works" software :) ( just joking, Em really impressed by mplayer +
> mencoder)
> And as I see, He works really a lot on it.
sure :)
hacking others' code is always harder than rewrite from scratch :)

> Should I forward this mail to him ?
> Should I tell him to write / answer you, are you ready to troll ? :)
it's on you.
if he can prove he coded most of that code - then call him to prove, as i
don't believe... i think yuu just think he is much more than he really is...

> > A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
> What is Astral & ESP-team ?
2 teams. astral is demoscene, esp-team is dos/linux utilities
i have much more projects than mplayer...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team