[MPlayer-users] svcd with multiple sub

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Mar 12 20:08:58 CET 2002

> Hi!
>
> I've uploaded a svcd image into /MPlayer/incoming/svcd_with_* dir, which
> contains multiple subs within. The -sid option won't work at all. Is
> anybody working on the problem?
>
> Paco

I've checked the file - it has no subtitle streams at all.
At least no vobsub type (used on dvds and mpeg2 streams).
Also no closed captioning (old teletext-style subtitles used on early
reguion1 dvds) in it. So, where are the subtitles hidden?

Anyway, the disk seems to have a first data partition, containing some files
(i couldn't mount it, and from hex dump it's unclear) including an .xml file
describing the chapters. We can't support this hack.

Maybe subtitles are text .sub files on this partition?

Which programs can display them? Could you get some info about what format
the subs are? Are you really sure they are on the disk?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team