[MPlayer-users] Encoding with XviD

Ralph Slooten ralph at delrom.ro
Tue Mar 12 20:20:01 CET 2002

Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>The ONLY way I have gotten this to compile correctly with the encore
>>being "detected" is by copying the decore.h and encore2.h from
>>divx4linux into the /usr/lib directory. It then detects and works giving
>>

>>What am I missing here? Could someone please tell me exactly what's
>>needed to get the XviD to compile into MPlayer, or is this the
>>"official" way?
>>

> it's one unrestolved problem yet...
> XviD is in alpha stage, there are no releases yet (the latest release from
> january is not the nowdays' xvid, its' something old code, different api and
> structure). and their CVS doesn't contain these .h files, probably licensing
> issues...  XviD has its own API, it just provides divx4linux compatibility
> for easier to use. We really should implement native (using XviD's own API)
> suport to mplayer and mencoder. it will happen one day, but as it works now,
> we left it, and prefer much more important things...
>
> you're right, it should be solved _or_ documented.

Great. Thanks for the explanation. I'm guessing though that it should
work the way I'm doing it now, or would you still suggest the divx4linux
instead? I have noticed a great speed improvement with the XviD, where
is divx4linux gave 14 fps, XviD gives 22.

Greetings
Ralph

--
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/