[MPlayer-users] MEncoder & BTTV / V4L

Phill Gillespie me at phillg.com
Wed Mar 13 00:22:02 CET 2002

I've been having trouble using MEncoder with V4L.  My AverTV card is
supported by the BTTV driver in my 2.4.17 kernel (version 0.7) and it
works fine under Xawtv.  However when I try to use MEncoder the images
are flipped on both the X and Y axis.  Any thoughts?

I'm using yesterday's CVS build of MPlayer and my exact command is
mencoder  -ovc divx4 -o blahblah.avi -tv
on:driver=v4l:width=352:height=256:norm=PAL:input=2:outfmt=rgb24

As I mentioned this has never happened before under Xawtv or LVS, but
MEncoder is the one I really want to use.  BTW any update on capture
audio under V4L?  I notice it seems to be close under Free BSD...

Thanks for any help,

P h i l l