[MPlayer-users] WMV 8

Phill Gillespie me at phillg.com
Sat Mar 16 21:29:01 CET 2002

I noticed the codecs.conf file says WMV 8 works fine.  I'm having a
problem that doesn't seem to have come up yet.  Trying to play WMV 8
files just gives me (initially) a green screen with blocky effects over
it.  Below is part of the output and if anyone would like to try to play
the file it can be accessed at http://karr.ath.cx/phill/

Detected audio codec: [divx] drv:4 (DivX audio (WMA))
fs seg 0x40017000
AUDIO: srate=44100  chans=2  bps=2  sfmt=0x10  ratio: 8005->176400
Detected video codec: [wmv8] drv:4 prio:0 (Windows Media Video 8)
Selecting Video Decoder: [dshow] DirectShow video codecs
Using DirectShow codec: wmv8ds32.ax
Decoder is capable of YUV output ( flags 0x9)
VDec: vo config request - 320 x 240, Packed YUY2

P h i l l