[MPlayer-users] Single Step Installation Script Available: Notes too

andrews orbit at lazerlink.com
Sun Mar 17 20:37:02 CET 2002

I created this script to automate my installation into a single step.
It also serves as notes on what I did, if you can read "sh" scripting.
It's simple and I tested it several times.   I'm posting so it may help
somebody else.   All you should need to do is edit the top of the script
file and change directories and archives to match your environment, then
run it.   It pauses after every section so you can review the output
before moving on.

Oh yeah - to the developers of MPlayer:   IT ROCKS - and for your work:
thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!

Red Hat 7.1 or less users:

I had to upgrade to gcc3 first.  I downloaded the new gcc binaries from
ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-7.2-en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS .

First I got all new gcc 2.NINE_SIX-98* and did an rpm -Uvh on them.   I
had to do this before I went to gcc3 because the rpm util complained
about dependancies.   7.2 users won't have to bother with that.   Then I
got all gcc3* and did an rpm -Uvh on those.   I did this before I ran
the attached mplayer installation script.