[MPlayer-users] Problem with xvidix and ATI Rage Mobility M3

Troy D. Strum tstrum at salter.com
Mon Mar 18 15:18:01 CET 2002

I've had problems with the ATI Mobility M3 in Linux (and BeOS). It seems
that while it's specified as a Rage128 type card there's still not 100%
compatibility with the standard Rage128 drivers. The Rage128 framebuffer
console for Linux has this problem - it's recognized (and there's code in
the driver to detect it) but it barfs with a black screen and some random
flickering pixels.

Off Topic, but I noticed the exact same problem with the newest BeOS
(un)release the other night - the card was recognized in the latest
(un)release, but the same pattern of black+noise happened when the card was
initialized.

I have a ATI Rage Mobility M3 in an IBM ThinkPad A22m, btw.

- Troy