[MPlayer-users] DVD menu support?

Fredrik Kuivinen freku045 at student.liu.se
Mon Mar 18 23:39:02 CET 2002

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 10:16:53PM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On 18 Mar 2002 11:36:05 -0800
> John Hardin <johnh at aproposretail.com> wrote:
>
> > Any idea of a timeframe for support of DVD menus? We'd like to be able
> > have an onscreen display of the chapters and the ability to
> > pick-and-play them individually from the display (versus from the
> > command line, which is already there).
>
> Not easily possible with the current design of mplayer,
> so dont expect them any soon.

I think David Holm made a dvd menu patch a while ago. See mails with subjects
"Davids libdvdnav patch", "Preliminary dvd navigation support through
libdvdnav", "dvdnav second installment, help needed" and "dvdnav" in the dev-eng
mailing list archives. It looks like the patch didn't get commited... Don't know
why though.

/ Fredrik Kuivinen