[MPlayer-users] About the news : MPlayerXP - 2002.03.18

Magnus Sandberg magnus at switchbeat.com
Wed Mar 20 17:10:49 CET 2002

>  I think you should check what's wrong with your system and not try to
> avoid it with multithreading/preempt/whatever.

It's just that my experience with I/O programming tells me that
I/O-blocks happen and I would multithread _especially_ on Linux.

> And BE SURE, there is something not working as it should on your system.

Probably it's a Linux system ;-)

> Probably you haven't
> got dma for your hard disk/cdrom/dvd. See also the unmaskirq for the
> drives (hdparm -u). (do you have mtrr enabled?)

I didn't really mean to ask for any help at this point but
thanks for the pointers, I will check things (again) just to be on the
safe side. Sadly I get the same results from cd/dvd/hd and NFS-mounts.

/Magnus