[MPlayer-users] vcd problems (new & relatively new)

Dave Botsch dwb7 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 21 05:25:02 CET 2002

The first problem is to just confirm the recent issue seen on the maling list where mplayer cvs no longer plays vcds. I have seen the exact same symptoms as mentioned.

Tho, it still played the videocd.bin file generated from individual mpeg files.

The second issue I only recently became aware of and is much older. It dates back to at least February 1 (the oldest cvs build I was able to find on the web page).

The problem occurs either when playing a vcd in the drive or a generated videocd.bin file. When one vcd track ends and it should then switch to playing the next track, mplayer simply hangs. The image holds at where it was, and mplayer only responds to a "ctrl-c". On a couple of occasions, mplayer actually recovered and jumped ahead in te next track. Mplayer also seems to after sitting there jump ahead a second or two, so, it is clearly not completely frozen.

the problem is not the vcds as cvs versions of mplayer I was using back in December (which was the last time until tonight that I played a multitrack vcd) switched tracks fine.

Note, this problem is only when mplayer encounters the end of one track and should go to the next track. It does not occur if I simply hit the page up key to jump from the middle of one track to the middle of the enxt (or back).

At the moment of freezing at the end (presumably one of the last frames of track 1 in this case), output is as follows:

Interesting that the audio always seems to reset to 0.0 or 0.1 before the freeze occurs.

This happens when switching from any track to any track.

audio_setup: using 2 channels (requested: 2)
audio_setup: using 44100 Hz samplerate (requested: 44100)
audio_setup: frags:  16/16  (4096 bytes/frag)  free:  65536
Start playing...
A:   0.0 V: 182.1 A-V:-182.059 ct: -9.969  329/329   5%  5%  1.6% 0 0 0%

--
David William Botsch