[MPlayer-users] bug report (the new -mf option)

mammique mammique at lamenagerie.com
Fri Mar 22 17:04:02 CET 2002

> > > - is mplayer able to read a specific list of files ? not only *.jpg or
> > > *.png ?
> > not for -mf
> hmm, .so should comment on this, I think it support some sort of regex
> or formatstring pattern.

ho :( that's not exactly what i need :( i'd like to manipulate list of
files, animation movies needs very precise frame per frame work...

you know usualy we work in 12 o 12.5 fps but if rapid action happen in
the middle of a scene we have to switch into 24 or 25 fps, or sometimes
we have to multiply pictures, loop, or invert chronology. i don't think
it will be possible with regex or formatstring pattern.

xanim support list of files, but it's not ewought powerful for what i
want to do....

> > > - is mplayer's seek function (slave mode) enough precise to seek onto a
> > > precise frame ? the argument is given in second (not a problem) but it
> > > seems mplayer don't read the whole float value (only one number after
> > > the floating-point) . Is it possible to give it a frame number ?
> > -mf can't seek afaik
> > anyway -ss is float, so it whould work for file formats supporting seeking
> > to exact frame.
> For -mf every frame is keyframe so it wouldn't be hard to implement, how
> about adding seek to next/last keyframe command regardless of distance?
> It would also help those pixat guys with their mjpeg movies (also
> I-frame only).

yes it would be very interesting to have this kind of precise tools in
slave mode, seek to a given frame, keep pause (actually if you are
paused and you skip or seek, mplayer always continue in play mode), and
seek next/last would be very basic but indipensable tools :))

thank you.