[MPlayer-users] "Compiling problem"

Stefan Wippermann stw.pegasus at gmx.net
Sat Mar 23 18:50:02 CET 2002

Hello,

I have a kind of "compiling problem" with mplayer. I am compiling
mplayer on a pentium4 and cannot use sse2 support. The configure script
keeps telling me that my kernel (2.4.17) does not support sse2 correctly
and I have to upgrade or recompile my kernel. I recompiled several times
without success and cannot find any option which might have to do
something with sse2 and which is not activated. I also tried the
developer version (2.5.6) without success.
I would be grateful for any idea.

Second I would like to know whether mencoder can use sse2 and if so for
what exactly.

Thank you very much

Stefan Wippermann