[MPlayer-users] Bugs, questions

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Mar 24 21:38:01 CET 2002

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:43:55 +0100 (MET)
Bogdán Zaválnij <bogdan at renyi.hu> wrote:

> because there is no hint in the documentation, that I _should_ use the
> newest one, as it is written about gcc or binutils!!!

If nothing is stated: use the newest version

> > You are using sdl with X11 drivers, that's afaik the slowest possible
> > driver you can use. Even -vo x11 is faster. Try to get Xvideo support
> > for your card (dunno whether it's possible) or get a better graphic
> > card. Beside you have a system that is really at the lower end (so you need
> > to have a good card)
> >
> OK, thats right. (althought I heard that the mplayer is the best.. ;-))

Yes, but even mplayer is just a normal prog, cant do any magic.
(tough sometimes it looks like ;-)

> playing without framedrop:
> A: 172.8 V: 171.8 A-V:  1.071 ct:  0.200  4295/4295  43% 94%  7.3% 42 0 0%
>
> and with framedrop allowed:
> A: 175.6 V: 175.6 A-V: -0.008 ct:  0.258  4391/4391  19% 42%  4.5% 79 0 0%

Hmm... very strange
this numbers absolutly not logic. video decoding need normaly about
10 times more cpu than audio. I guess there is something wrong in the
calculation code.

> > Dunno what's wrong here... never used nas
> > (btw: it's not a good idea to put to much between mplayer
> > and the sound card as the delay get's unpredictable)
> >
> You're right for a moment, but on the other hand I sholud disagree with
> You..
>
> if I have two computers (the second is a 486..), and the "main" one is not
> able to handle the sound perfectly (for example because of some
> sound card driver problems), than it seems to be a perfect solution, to
> deal with the actual sound processing on an other computer, and give the
> mplayer a perfectly clean and specified api layer to play the sound
> throu.. am I wrong?

Heh.. did that too... But used esd (as oss, alsa and sdl were
the only available ao modules back then). Was very funny, i heard
every network access of my brother :)

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.