[MPlayer-users] A little OT: /dev/rtc

Marc marc at osknowledge.org
Sun Mar 24 22:22:01 CET 2002

Hi all,

I noticed MPlayer is not able to r/w to /dev/rtc. Initially it said
"permission denied" when I started MPlayer as a user. Then I changed the
permission to

    668 crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      10, 135 Mar 22 15:57 /dev/rtc

but MPlayer still cannot make use of it. Someone told me to set MPlayer suid
root but that is not the solutions I guess. What can I do now? The MPlayer
"error message" is:

Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_pie_on): Permission denied

Thanks...
Marc

P.S: Thank you guys for developing such a great and handy software.