[MPlayer-users] Making mplayer for a slackware package.

Cr33p creep2217 at wp.pl
Mon Mar 25 16:00:02 CET 2002

I want to make a mplayer tgz package for slackware.
i run configure --prefix=/usr (for example)
then make
then configure --prefix=`pwd`/pkg
and then make install puts all stuff to pkg dir in current directory.
sometimes make prefix=`pwd`/pkg install
and sometimes simply editing Makefile does the work.

In latest MP none of this work.
Then I change Makefile, make install command notices it and compiles again, hardcoding the paths to /pkg/ to mplayer binary, which is not really what i want.

Will there be a "feature" ;) of  working "make prefix=path install"
or maybe I do something wrong ?

I guess i'll compile it to pkg and then again to /usr and then swich the binaries. ... But still make prefix... would be nice to have.

c'ya

Creep.
creep at fuckmicrosoft.com