[MPlayer-users] "Compiling problem"

Fredrik Kuivinen freku045 at student.liu.se
Mon Mar 25 16:17:01 CET 2002

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 06:29:02PM +0100, Stefan Wippermann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a kind of "compiling problem" with mplayer. I am compiling
> mplayer on a pentium4 and cannot use sse2 support. The configure script
> keeps telling me that my kernel (2.4.17) does not support sse2 correctly
> and I have to upgrade or recompile my kernel. I recompiled several times
> without success and cannot find any option which might have to do
> something with sse2 and which is not activated. I also tried the
> developer version (2.5.6) without success.
> I would be grateful for any idea.

If you use "make menuconfig" when configuring your kernel it is
"Processor type and features" and then "Processor family"

You can check if you have sse support compiled in your kernel with
cat /proc/cpuinfo
One of the lines will look like this:
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
                                                                                              ^^^

/ Fredrik