[MPlayer-users] Neomagic 256XL+ (NM2380) Xv driver?

Ken Acmens kpacam at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 26 01:22:02 CET 2002

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>On Tuesday 26 March 2002 01:21, Ken Acmens wrote:
>
>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm looking for an Linux xv driver for the neomagic 256XL+ (NM2380)
>>video chip in my Sony PCG-F560 notebook computer.  I'd like to get dvd
>>movie playback to run more smoothly.
>>

>Umm, how about updating to XFree 4.2? I'm pretty sure that XV support for
>Neomagic 256XL+ is available...

The document here (from my original posting)
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/video.html section

*2.3.1.2.5. NeoMagic cards *

states, " Unfortunately, the driver in X 4.2.0 can't do Xv".
It goes on to link to a 4.2.0 neomagic driver that supposedly DOES do
Xv, but the file is not on the server.

>You can get the XFree 4.2 either from Rawhide (ftp://rawhide.redhat.com), the
>public redhat 7.3 beta, or wait for Red Hat 7.3 final.

Thanks for the rawhide link.  I'll see if this works better for me.