[MPlayer-users] subtitles mess

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 30 15:08:02 CET 2002

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 08:19:23AM +0100, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > I guess you use direct rendering, in which case only changed areas of
> > the decode buffer are updated, just use -nodr switch or choose a codec
> > that doesn't support dr.
>
> Is that mean, that I should use -nodr always, when I want subtitles (i.e. it
> isn't bug, but feature) ?

the new video core is not yet finished
i think we should disable direct rendering (big speed boost) by default just
to make some not rtfming subtitle users happy...
as soon as teh core will be finished, it will decide when to enable dr,
depending on various parameters including subtitles

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team