[MPlayer-users] New tdfxfb driver

Mark Zealey mark at zealos.org
Sat Mar 30 23:49:01 CET 2002

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 11:07:52PM +0100, Arpi wrote:

> > TODO:
> > - Fix OSD
>
> maybe the same *4 width bug?

Yes. I see the OSD stuff twice, in wierd colours, at half size, looks like it's
not getting drawn to YUV memory properly (it's wierd, see below).

> > - Find DRI heissenbug
>
> your get_image() should either refuse request with IMGFLAG_ACCEPT_WIDTH
> or handle it (set mpi->width)

Um, it does:

                if(!(mpi->flags & (MP_IMGFLAG_ACCEPT_STRIDE | MP_IMGFLAG_ACCEPT_WIDTH)))
                        return VO_FALSE;

As you did in the mga driver.

> you should use mem2agpcpy() to copy to video memory - it's faster than memcpy()
> (optimized for sysram->agpram transfer)

Dunno if they made AGP banshees, I think so, but mine is PCI.

> what is the format of planar yv12 image in the agp memory?
> it seems (but seems to be weird to me):

3 separate memory areas, one for Y, one for U and one for V. (fb_YUV->[YUV]
point to different areas, we just poke them in at the same time. Each line takes
2048 bytes (VOODOO_YUV_STRIDE) which is why we have to do all that incremental
magic stuff...)

Another thing I added to my todo is get the screen blanking working properly, I
think I know how to do this properly.

I've been hacking a little more on the code, latest version is up at:

http://pkl.net/~mark/vo_tdfxfb.c

--

Mark Zealey (aka JALH on irc.openprojects.net: #zealos and many more)
mark at zealos.org; mark at itsolve.co.uk