[MPlayer-users] mencoder getting french audio track

Kurt Lieber mplayer at kirpatrick.com
Sun Mar 31 23:39:02 CEST 2002

I'm brand new to mplayer and mencoder -- these are two great tools.

I'm having one problem when ripping DVDs -- the audio track often defaults to
French.  With mplayer, I can use the '-alang en' option to force it to
english.  However, mencoder doesn't recognize '-alang' as a valid option.

The '-aid' option in mencoder seems to be what I want, but how do I tell
which number corresponds to the english audio track?

I've searched the archives and read the man pages, but didn't find a
solution.  Any help is appreciated.

--kurt