[MPlayer-users] 8bit audio mencoder bug

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Wed May 1 13:09:03 CEST 2002

there is still problem (at least with mplayer-pre1, I am downloading pre2 now) with 8bit audio in videos - mencoder will convert it to 16bit and it sounds bad
then (twice as fast as it should be). this is the same for all -oac possibilities (even for -oac copy), so I think it has something with AVI header mencoder
creates

If it will be the same in pre2 version of mplayer I will make proper bugreport (again...), but maybe someone may take a look at it...

8bit audio is quite common (unfortunately) :-(

for example try "crash of encoder.tar.bz2" uploaded to incoming directory, it was uploaded as example to the other bug, but will do.

---
and one feature request: my xanim directory is /usr/X11R6/lib/xanim/mods, please add it to default ones in configure script... (default for Mandrake 8.2)