[MPlayer-users] call for translators

Robert Munro ramunro1 at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 2 14:24:02 CEST 2002

>>The Mplayer docs are translated to several languages, but all of them
>>beside hungarian and german are totaly out of date.
>>But also those could need some reviewing to find bugs, typos
>>and outdated stuff.
>>Also the english doc is always a bit behind the development
>>(mplayer just changes too fast) and the those two who are
>>doing the docs a the moment are totaly overworked.
>>
>>So, we desparadly need ppl helping with the docs.

I'm also willing to edit MPlayer english docs written by non-native
English writers.  (A couple of months ago Gabucino invited me to
rewrite the install docs, but then I saw someone else had written
a better install process, so I didn't follow it up.)  However, if there
are new versions of English docs that need edits, I can help that...
Just send it to my email, and I'll do whatever I can and return that.

I'm not involved closely enough with MPlayer to write this myself,
but I'm willing to suggest edits to make the docs more accessible.

One hopes that every little bit helps.

All the best,
Robert Munro