[MPlayer-users] Feature request

Daniel Moreno comac2k at teleline.es
Thu May 2 17:50:02 CEST 2002

christoph wrote:

> i use mplayer with nv-tv-out, due to the overscan i always loose a little bit
> of the movie ....... would it be possible to resize the movie during playback
> pixelwise centered in fullscreen keeping the aspect ratio to fit exactly my
> tv-screen ??

If you're asking about software rescaling: read about "-vop scale" "-fs"
"-zoom", "-aspect" and related options.

If you want to get rid of the black border around the screen on TV...
I'd say you'll have to ask nvidia, who wrote the drivers for X that
support tv-out. (as far as I know, the vidix driver uses vesa bios to
set up the mode, so it can do nothing to change video mode timings)

I cannot tell you this last part for sure, thouht.

--
Daniel Moreno - ComaC
Port pa'Linux del FinalBurn: http://fblinux.emuunlim.com/